Vocational education and training (VET) courses are available to students while they are still at school. This is often referred to at VETis. VETis is learning which is directly related to work. Nationally recognised qualifications are developed by industry to give people the knowledge and skills they need to work in a particular job.
You can undertake VET at school:
- as part of your school studies – delivered and resourced by a school registered training organisation
- by enrolling in a qualification with an external registered training organisation – funded either by the Department of Education and Training’s VET investment budget or through fee-for-service arrangements i.e. where the student or parent pays for the qualification.
- as a school-based apprentice or trainee.
The following funded qualifications are offered by Skills Compliance Pty Ltd
- MEA20515 – Certificate II in Aircraft Line Maintenance
- AVI30419 – Certificate III in Aviation – Remote Pilot
Talk to your guidance officer, career counsellor, vocational education coordinator or head of senior schooling about the qualification that is right for you from the range of programs available at your school.